Thursday, March 26, 2009

Will of a Mary Johnson

A will of a Mary Johnson. I don't know if she fits in my line of Johnsons or not, but it is interesting to note all of the familiar names in the family she mentions in her will.

Washington Co, KY, Will Book E, page 142:

Mary Johnson June 3, 1833
July 22, 1833

Item one: I give to my brother James Johnson of Maryland two hundred dollars and to his daughter Jane Johnson one hundred dollars.

Item two: to Elizabeth Caroline Johnson of Maryland I give one hundred dollars.

Item three: I lend to Joseph F. Johnson my negro girl Mary until his daughter Treacy Ann Johnson arrives to the age of twenty one years. I then give to said Treacy Ann the negro girl Mary with her off springs provided said Joseph F. Johnson pays his brother Doneick one hundred and fifty dollars towards the discharge of my debts.

Item four: if the above named fifty dollars should not be sufficient to discharge my debts I wish the balance to be discharged out of the hundred dollars my brother Ignatius F. Johnson now had in his possession and the remainder of the hundred dollars after discharging my debts to be given to William Johnson son of Ignatius.

I appoint my brother Ignatius Johnson and George Clements executors of this my last will, etc.
Witnesses:
E.B. Gaither
Austin Mudd

No comments:

Post a Comment